This course is aimed at those wishing to improve their English language skills to help with day to day situations. Conversation practice, reading important documents and writing sentences will all be covered. This course is unaccredited and is for adults only.
Please attend the first session if you wish to join this course.
This course is mainly available to parents/carers with children attending the school but there maybe still places for adults from the local community.
You do not need any previous experience. If you feel you have any special needs, you can discuss these with the tutor at enrolment to ensure that the course is suitable or can be adapted for you. . If numbers applying for the course are high preference will be given to adults who:
• Do not hold a full-level 2 qualification including English or maths
• Do not hold a level 2 Maths qualification
• Do not hold a level 2 English qualification
• Are unemployed or retired
• Are claiming JSA
• Employed and looking to progress onto further Family Learning courses
• Are parents/carers of children/young people who are entitled to free school meals
• Parents who have been referred to the course for the purposes of improving their mental health and wellbeing
For accessibility details please refer to school website or talk to the staff in the school office
Learners will have the opportunity to progress onto an accredited ESOL course, possibly at Brookside community centre later in the year.
Opening Hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Telephone: 01952 382888
Learn Telford Telford & Wrekin Council Wellington Civic & Leisure Centre 2nd Floor Telford TF2 2FH