Free Distance Learning Courses
The National Careers Service as part of Job box is offering free distance learning courses.
Courses can be completed from home and are free to anyone over the age of 19. All courses are free.
Reading material and assessment paperwork is provided to enable independent study and the duration of courses are typically 2 to 4 months. The length of time taken to complete the course will vary depending on the subject and how much time you dedicate to your study at home.
The range of courses on offer includes:
- Introducing caring for Children & Young People
- Dyslexia and Other Specific Learning Difficulties
- Childhood Illnesses
- Children & Young People Mental Health
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems – Level 2
- Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health-Care Settings – Level 2
- Principles in Health-Care Settings – Level 2
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes – Level 2
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines – Level 2
- Understanding Nutrition and Health – Level 2
- Equality & Diversity – Level 2
- Principles of End of Life Care – Level 2
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities – Level 2
- Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care – Level 2
- Common Health Conditions – Level 2
- Information Advice and Guidance – Level 2
- Dignity & Safeguarding – Level 2
- Counselling – Level 2
- Team Leading – Level 2
- Certificate in Autism – Level 2
- Certificate in Customer Service – Level 2
- Certificate in Retail Operations – Level 2
- Principles of Business Administration – Level 2
If you are interested in any of the courses above, please email Nationalcareers@telford.gov.uk who will arrange for the training provider to get in touch with you directly, either by email or phone.
You can also call us on 01952 382888 for further information or to book a careers appointment.
NOTE: Learn Telford is not the provider of these distance learning courses. You will need to communicate directly with the National Careers Service and their training provider for more information.